SinusWars Homeopathic Remedies have been specifically formulated to address all types of Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Sinusitis regardless of which cavities are inflamed or infected. Click here to view our remedies.
What is Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the result of an inflammation or infection to one or more of the para-nasal sinus cavities. These are small, air-filled cavities of bone located in the skull and are positioned around the nose, above and behind the eyes.
Studies have shown that 39 million Americans suffer with sinusitis yearly; it has become one of the most common health conditions affecting Americans.
- What is Sinusitis and how does it affect the four sinus cavities?
- What are the Causes and Risk Factors of Sinusitis?
- Three types of sinusitis
- Acute Sinusitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Recurrent Sinusitis
What is Sinusitis and how does it affect the four sinus cavities?
The term sinusitis means an inflammation of one or more of the sinus cavities.
When an irritation or allergy is inhaled through the nose it often lands on the mucus membranes surrounding the sinus cavities. These membranes are highly sensitive and can become irritated very easily. When this happens, the mucus membranes begin to swell and become thick. They also start to produce more mucus.
Any thickening in these areas can result in the narrowing of the exit pathways or ostia making it difficult for mucus to drain freely. As mucus becomes trapped and builds up in the sinus cavities tremendous pressure, pain and headaches can be felt.
It is this blocked or trapped mucus that is the main reason why one develops sinusitis or sinus infections (acute, chronic or recurrent) as any accumulated mucus can become a haven for bacteria propagation and growth.
Fever and fatigue are two of the body’s natural, systematic ways to signal an inflammation of one or more of the mucus membranes when they become invaded by bacteria.
In very rare cases, untreated sinusitis can spread towards the back of the head affecting the brain and becoming life threatening.
Sinusitis can be classified based on which sinus cavities it affects:
- Antritis is a type of sinusitis which occurs when only the maxillary sinus cavities are inflamed. It is also known as maxillary sinusitis and can be identified as chronic, acute or sub-acute.
- Ethmoiditis occurs when the ethmoid sinus cavities become infected and can occur chronically or on an acute basis. Another name for ethmoiditis is ethmoid sinusitis.
- Sphenoiditis, which is alsoknown as sphenoid sinusitis can present itself as chronic sinusitis but more often than not, is an acute infection.
- Frontal sinusitis occurs when your frontal sinus cavities become infected. These infections can be acute or chronic.
What are the causes and Risk Factors of Sinusitis?
Causes of Sinusitis include:
- Air pollutants
- Untreated cold or flu
- A viral infection of the upper respiratory tract
- Fungal infections as these weaken the immune system
- Untreated bacterial infections. The following are the main bacteria culprits: Streptococcus pneumoniae, Moraxella catarrhalis and Haemophilus influenza.
The following can increase your risk of developing sinusitis:
- Constant use of decongestant nasal sprays
- Recurrent flu and colds symptoms.
There are three types of sinusitis
1. Acute Sinusitis
When an infection lasts for up to three weeks it is often a sign that it has become acute and can be referred to as acute sinusitis.
How can I treat acute sinusitis?
Treating Acute Sinusitis before it becomes more serious is easy with SinusWars. Simply try the SinusWars14 Remedy today.
The SinusWars14 Remedy is an All-Natural Homeopathic Remedy that helps treat Acute Sinusitis, its underlying symptoms and helps build your immune system to prevent the recurrence of acute sinus infections.
SinusWars14 treats Acute Sinusitis by:
- Clearing sinus congestion
- Treating Sinus Infections and Sinusitis
- Treating Post Nasal Drip
- Assisting with Halitosis
- Helping reduce pressure and headaches
- Relieving Rhinitis
- Promoting liver and general gastric function
- Stimulating the lymphatic system, thereby aiding in the elimination of toxins
- Restoring normal bowel function
2. Chronic Sinusitis
Chronic sinusitis is one of the most common chronic illnesses that people visit hospitals for and is often treated with the use of antibiotics.
What is Chronic Sinusitis?
Chronic sinusitis is a sinus infection that usually lasts for more than 3 weeks. This condition can continue for months and even years.
What causes Chronic sinusitis?
- Allergies and bacterial infections are the main causes of Chronic Sinusitis.
- The overuse of antibiotics and cortisone sprays have led to more infectious forms of bacteria forming as well as new fungal infections of the sinus cavities.
- Asthma and allergic disorders often cause chronic inflammation to the nasal mucosa. This type of inflammation is the main contributor to the development of Chronic Sinusitis.
Frequent use of medications can cause:
- The development of drug resistant sinusitis.
- Chronic usage of nasal sprays causes’ drying up of the sinuses initially which is seen as a “good sign”, however over time this leads to rebound congestion.
- Rebound congestion can result in the development of mucus blockage, a pressure sensation in the sinuses, fever, poor sleep, headaches and post nasal drip.
- A change in normal sinus mucosa make-up resulting in a chronic debilitating illness.
Symptoms of Chronic Sinusitis include:
- Chronic sore throat and halitosis (Bad Breath)
- Restlessness and discomfort throughout the day
- Blocked nasal passages and congestion
- Persistent headaches
- Thick, green mucus
- A dry, fuzzy and thick tongue
- Heavy pressure experienced in the facial region
DID YOU KNOW: A recent study has shown that 20% of patients with chronic sinusitis may develop nasal polyps. Nasal polyps are cyst-like growths that develop from sinus tissue. These growths can cause the sinus cavities to become blocked, leading to further complications.
How can I treat Chronic sinusitis?
SinusWars8 is an All-Natural Homeopathic Remedy designed to treat Chronic Sinusitis. It contains 100% natural ingredients to help build immunity towards future infections. Click here to view how Sinuswars8 works on your condition
3. Recurrent Sinusitis
Recurrent Sinusitis occurs when one has had several separate sinus infection attacks during the year.
These sinus infections often clear up, only to have them recur repeatedly throughout the year, and are caused mainly by an allergic reaction to varying weather conditions, animal hair, dust mites, mold, pollen etc.
SinusWars1 and SinusWars9 are Natural Homeopathic Remedies that help stop Recurrent Sinusitis.