In our modern times, stress has become one of the biggest causes of ill health and disease. When we think of the stress that we have had to endure as a nation or the trauma of having lost friends and family to financial and personal trauma, we get a glimpse of what our body deals with.
In fact we experience thousands of different bits of information daily, whether on the internet, the cable news, the newsprint or the radio. This large input of information has untold effects on our body even though we are not conscious of it. This stress causes several different chemical and physiological changes in our body.
The stress formula is formulated to also assist you with the following:
- The nervous system during stress periods - It help re-establish equilibrium in the nervous tissue that has already been affected by stress and to calm down the nervous system in those that are prone to anxiety.
- Restore hormonal balance that has been affected by stress - Adrenalinum is a homeopathic preparation of adrenalin and in minute homeopathic quantities it regulates the excess production of adrenalin by the adrenal glands.
- Nux Vomica addresses the effects of stress not only on the nervous tissue but on the liver and kidney tissue.
- It regulates blood flow and decreases the tense state of the vascular system which can lead to high blood pressure. This formula has been effective in reducing high blood pressure in some patients.
- By reducing the physiological changes, regulating the nervous system and hormonal functioning, this formula aids the body in fighting off infection and chronic infections.
- The stress formula can be used by anyone undergoing any form of stress from physical, emotional or mental stress. It is also useful in people recovering from an accident, disease or infection.
Stress affects the delicate balance between the Hypo-thalamus, Pituitary and Adrenal (HPA) glands. The HPA relationship and their balance are vitally important to maintain normal bodily function and this relationship is commonly referred to as the HPA axis.
So what does stress really do? Stress affects several systems of the body, in the stomach it can result in more acid production, which can lead to stomach or intestinal ulcers. When it affects the nervous system, it can lead to headaches, poor concentration, lack of sleep and cause mood changes etc.
Stress triggers the "flight and fight mechanism" by causing the adrenal glands (hormone glands on top of the kidneys) to secrete adrenalin. Adrenalin is a hormone that prepares the body to either "fight" (face danger) or "flight" (run away from danger). This effect usually last for approximately 20 minutes and the body recovers once the stress has passed. Unfortunately in our modern day living we have several episodes of stress which continually trigger the adrenal gland. If this is over done, our adrenalin glands can become depleted and we cannot cope with our daily activities. We use the term "adrenal burn out" for this.
Stress and adrenalin production also triggers the body to produce cortisol, the body's natural cortisone. The body does this during the "fight and flight" response in the event that it might encounter injury. The cortisol is produced to prevent inflammation etc. Excess cortisol unfortunately causes suppression of the immune system and when this continues for days or weeks, the weakened immune system makes you susceptible to infections like sinusitis.
Adrenalin secretion hypes the body and is one of the causes of tinnitus. It also causes rise in blood pressure, increases the heart rate and affects blood sugar. The effect of stress on the human body is multi-fold and we need to regulate it, to create better health.
Understanding the role of stress in causing disease, we have formulated a remedy to regulate stress and to restore normal body function.
Our experience has shown that people who suffer from recurrent sinusitis are also more stressed from: work situations, domestic circumstances, use of medication, social situations and academic stress. We at SinusWars realize that we cannot treat only the presenting sinus symptoms but we need to help you with the underlying stress